DAWN’s ethos is to believe, listen to and empower victims, to validate feelings, and to dispel myths around domestic abuse. We enable survivors to make informed choices and decisions to move towards changes.
DAWN supports victims and survivors at all stages of abusive relationships, whether they are still living with a perpetrator or not.
DAWN delivers tailor-made crisis intervention and face-to-face support around domestic abuse including controlling, coercive, manipulating, threatening, degrading and violent behaviour.
DAWN provides a service tailored to the needs of each individual, through a designated and experienced worker, or small group support.
DAWN support can include:
- Safety planning
- Personalised action plans
- Help with understanding of the impact of domestic abuse on the family
- Support in accessing housing, benefits advice, debt advice and legal services
- Support at criminal and family courts
- Support with reporting incidents to the Police
- Support with social care
- Support in accessing other services
- Referrals to specialist counselling services
- Individual face-to-face support and group work sessions aimed at building confidence and self esteem
DAWN builds trusting, supportive and empowering relationships, enabling individuals to move towards achieving their own personal goals.
Through the Freedom Programme, either in a group setting or one to one, DAWN also helps victims and survivors understand the complex dynamics of domestic abuse, reducing the likelihood of them entering future unhealthy relationships.
IN THE LAST YEAR
Survivors have been supported
Children are living safer & happier lives
Families have been helped to find safe accommodation
Get domestic abuse support
To talk to a member of the DAWN team, please call 07341 457923, email firstname.lastname@example.org or complete one of our referral forms using the links below.
Please be aware that this is NOT a 24-hour helpline. We aim to respond to messages within 48 hours.