DOMESTIC ABUSE WORKING NETWORK
DAWN is a free, confidential and non-judgmental service for women who are experiencing or have experienced domestic abuse.
The DAWN ethos is to
- enable and empower women
- to believe women
- to provide a service tailored to the needs of the individual
- to enable women to make informed decisions to effect their own changes
- Safety Planning
- Emotional support
- Help to access criminal and civil justice processes
- Raising confidence and promoting well being
- Liaising with other support and advice agencies
- Provide housing information.
- Help to access benefits, debt management and financial advice.
We offer individual face to face support and group work sessions aimed at building confidence and self esteem.
- Individual face-to-face support sessions for women who have experienced or are experiencing domestic abuse.
- A variety of group-work programmed aimed at building confidence and self esteem including the Freedom Programme.
- Support to women at all stages of abusive relationships, whether or not they are still living with a perpetrator.
Domestic abuse affects men and women from all walks of life and children are often affected as they may witness the abuse. No-one should suffer in silence. If you are concerned about yourself, your partner, a friend or relative then please contact the police or a support organisation, every report of domestic abuse is recorded and investigated, with victims safeguarded.
We have had many inspirational survivors who have been willing to support the project as they have regained their independence, self-esteem and confidence.
If you would like to support our cause, our survivors make fantastic jewellery through the ‘Dawn’s Little Sister Project’. These are available to purchase either from the Tolly Hub or at St Richards Charity shop.