PLUS – PEOPLE LIKE US
People Like Us (Plus) is a service that works across Worcestershire to support people of all ages who are experiencing loneliness or isolation. Plus enables individuals to connect with others and supports them to become more active and engaged in their communities.
It is widely recognised that loneliness has a negative impact on both mental and physical health, and on wellbeing. The Plus service, with its team of skilled workers and trained volunteers, will work with people on a one to one or group basis to break the cycle of loneliness.
The Plus team will work with other services, professionals and frontline provision to enable us to reach everyone that might benefit from this service.
How Plus works
- Anyone can make a referral and people can self-refer
- Referrals can be made by phone on 01905 27525 or email Plus@onside-advocacy.org.uk, a referral form can be downloaded from onside–advocacy.org.uk
- We’ll be in touch to explain more and complete a short questionnaire. If the service is right for them, a Plus case worker will arrange a visit
- A personalised plan will be created that outlines ways to connect with others, activities and potential engagement. If other support needs are identified, appropriate referrals will be made
- In most cases support will be provided by a trained volunteer. If someone has particularly complex needs a Case Worker may provide support
- Support will include mentoring and coaching, building confidence, sourcing information, accompanying to activities, exploring opportunities i.e. training or volunteering, and facilitating mutual and peer support
- Plus support will vary to reflect individual needs, generally for no longer than 6 months but there is flexibility for additional time or to re-access the service
Who is Plus for?
The Plus service is open to everyone who is 18+ registered with a GP Practice in Worcestershire and experiencing significant loneliness.
And could you give us a hand? If you are interested in volunteering to support this service, please email firstname.lastname@example.org