Date(s) - 15/10/2018 - 12/11/2018
6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
The Building Block
The Essential Electrics course is for engineers who need to work on electrical systems, but may not have any formal qualifications to enable them to do so. Essential Electrics is the ideal accredited course for engineers who need to comply with the Electricity at Work Act of 1989.
During the Electrical Course you will Learn skills over a 5 session course (over 5 weeks). For details of the accreditation visit the Logic Certification website
This course starts on Monday 15th October 2018 and runs until Monday 12th November 2018. It starts at 6.00pm finishing at 8.30pm.
The Essential Electrics course covers the safe isolation of equipment, using test equipment and testing repairs prior to energising.
At the end of the course, candidates will need to demonstrate that they can undertake simple wiring tasks such as safe isolations, basic wiring and testing repairs.
An overview and practical exercises are provided on the following subjects:-
– Electrical Terms
– Conductors and Insulators
– Relationships (Ohms Law)
– Series and Parallel Circuits
– Electrical Power
– Direct and Alternating Current
– Single Phase Motors/ Three Phase Motors
– Measurement of Voltage, Current and Resistance
– Analogue and Digital displays
– Meter Calibration
– Battery Condition and Continuity of Test Leads
– Earth Continuity Testing
– Insulation Resistance Testing
– Thermostats / Pressure Controls
– Relays and Contactors
– Electric Shock / Body Resistance
– Removing Persons from Live Conductors
– First Aid
– Electrical Isolation / Test Lamps and Proving Units
– Electricity at Work Regulations1989
– Electricity Supply Regulations 1988
– The Low Voltage Electrical Equipment (Safety) Regulations 1989
– Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
– The Distribution System
– AC Supply
– Electricity into the Building
– Control and Protection Equipment / Identification Notices
– BS 4343 Plugs and Sockets
– Stripping Insulated Cables
– Types of Terminals
– Identification of Conductors
– Termination Tooling
EARTHING & BONDING
– Earthed Equipotential Bonding
– Types of Circuit Protective Conductors
– Supplementary Bonding Conductors
– Temporary Continuity Bonding
– Electrical Safety Checks / PAT Testing
– RCD Protection
– CPC Continuity / Insulation Resistance
– Polarity (Dead Test) / Polarity (Live Test)
– Earth Loop Impedance Testing
Our courses are run for small groups of 6 per class
Payment can be made via paypal (You do not need a Paypal Account, simply add your card details after clicking the Paypal button below)
The cost for the Essential Electrics Course is £190 – To secure a place a £30 deposit is required upon booking, which can be paid below.
The remaining £160 is due 14 days before the course commences (we will get in contact with you).
If you cannot attend this course please note that new courses start monthly. If you cannot find a course date to suit, please register your interest for future courses.
This course is fully booked. Please check our upcoming courses on other dates for spaces. Please subscribe to our GET NEW COURSE UPDATES opt in form and you will be notified as soon as new courses are added.