TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Conditions of Hire of Worcester Community Trust Community Centres – Organisations, Groups and Clubs
- METHOD OF BOOKING: Rooms and facilities are normally hired by phoning Worcester Community Trust’s (hereafter referred to as the Trust) bookings hub on 01905 453453 x 101. Details can be completed over the phone by a Customer Service Advisor, or by email, or in person at The Tolly Community Hub. The booking(s) will be confirmed on receipt by the Trust of both:
- A booking form signed by an authorised person on behalf of the organisation/group/club, herein referred to as the Hirer, accepting the details on the form and agreeing to these terms and conditions (the Hirer should retain a copy)
- Full payment, part payment or details of other arrangement as agreed. An invoice or invoices will be issued as required.
- Persons authorised to sign the booking form must be at least eighteen years old at the date of booking.
- METHOD OF PAYMENT:Please make your full payment, or part payment, at least seven working days before the first booking. Please note, cheque or BACS payments should be made in sufficient time to reach the Trust’s bank account before the first booking date.
A refundable cash deposit, additional to any part or full payment made for the booking, may be required, at the discretion of the Trust. This will be refunded within seven working days after full payment, as invoiced, has been received or within seven working days of the final booking if full payment has been made in advance, providing:
- no damage is caused as a result of the bookings
- the rooms are left in a clean and tidy condition
- the rooms are vacated at the time stated on the booking form
The refundable cash deposit may be withheld in part or full dependent on costs incurred. The Trust retains the right to recover any costs incurred in excess of the amount of the deposit.
We expect payment within 28 days from the invoice date.
- CANCELLATIONS: Cancellation of any or all of the bookings should be made either in person at The Tolly Community Hub by e-mail to email@example.com or in writing. Cancellation of bookings by the Hirer with less than 7 days’ notice will be charged at the full rate. The Trust may, at their discretion, waive this charge. If a deposit has been paid, the Trust maintains the right to retain it in lieu of any non-payment of the invoiced amount.
Worcester Community Trust reserves the right to:
(a) Refuse applications for hire of Community Centre premises without a requirement to give reasons for refusal.
(b) Terminate or prohibit the use of facilities at its discretion without previous notice to the Hirer. Worcester Community Trust shall not be liable for any loss or expenditure incurred by the Hirer arising out of such termination or prohibition.
- USE OF FACILITIES:
(a) The person named on the booking form must be authorised to make the booking on behalf of the organisation/group/club. Written proof of authorisation may be requested, at the discretion of the Trust. The Hirer shall be solely responsible for ensuring that all persons connected with the organisation/group/club comply with these conditions and any other directions given, and conduct themselves in a proper and correct manner.
(b) Alcohol may not be sold on the premises, for consumption on or off it, unless provided by a personal licence holder or a temporary event licence permitting the sale of alcohol has been obtained, and with the express permission of the Trust. Persons in an intoxicated condition, whether by alcohol or prohibited substances, will not be allowed onto or allowed to remain on the premises.
(c) The Hirer shall be responsible for the supervision of the booking(s) and shall ensure that suitably trained or instructed persons are always present, appropriate to the nature of the booking and the numbers attending. The Hirer shall be responsible for ensuring there is adequate and appropriate first aid cover when staff of the Trust are not present to provide this service.
(d) The premises shall not be used for any other purpose other than the purpose for which they are hired.
(e) The Hirer shall be responsible for ensuring that the facilities are left in a clean and tidy condition, and use their best endeavours to prevent loss of or damage to property of the Trust.
(f) The Hirer shall not exhibit, bills, posters, advertisements, photographs or leaflets on the premises except with the consent of the Trust and only on boards and in positions indicated. No decoration will be permitted that will cause damage to the fabric of the premises. If in doubt, the Hirer should seek guidance from Worcester Community Trust staff.
(g) Animals will not be allowed onto the premises unless with the express permission of the Trust.
- SAFEGUARDING:During all bookings involving activities with children, young people and vulnerable adults, the Hirer must ensure that their agents and participants adhere to current safeguarding practice, including the use of photographic or video recording equipment.
- INSURANCE: The Hirer shall indemnify WCT against claims for injuries to persons or loss or damage to property arising from the activities of the Hirer. All hirers are advised to secure third party/public liability insurance and, where necessary, employers liability insurance.
- PROPERTY AND BELONGINGS:All items of property are brought onto the premises at the owner’s risk. Worcester Community Trust accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss of or damage to the property of the Hirer or their agents/participants.
- HEALTH AND SAFETY:Customers are responsible for their health & safety; any injury, accident or near miss sustained on the premises must be reported to a member of staff, at the earliest opportunity, who will report it accordingly.
- SMOKING:Worcester Community Trust operates a strict no smoking policy throughout its facilities, to be observed at all times.
- FLY POSTING:The Hirer should note that fly posting in the City of Worcester is not allowed and contravention of this condition may lead to prosecution. Any costs incurred by Worcester Community Trust as a result of flyposting by the Hirer will be levied to the Hirer. Flyposting by the Hirer will also result in, on notification of a contravention, immediate cancellation of the booking without compensation or return of any monies paid.
- FIRE SAFETY:In the event of a booking taking place at a Centre with no Trust staff on the premises, the Hirer shall nominate an acting fire marshal to immediately notify the fire service in the event of a fire and ensure they have access to a phone at all times. The Hirer and stewards must be conversant with the following evacuation procedures:
(a) An alarm bell will sound immediately when the fire alarm is activated.
(b) An announcement will be made, by the fire marshal, instructing all individuals to leave the building via the nearest emergency exit.
(c) All persons will gather at the designated fire assembly point
(d) Re-admittance to the premises can only be authorised by the attending Fire Service Officer after a thorough check has been made of the premises.